Monday, November 8, 2010

The World for Once in Perfect Harmony with all its Living Things...

As I made the decision to become a blogger, the choice of what to blog about has gone through many transformations, but here I have arrived, still with nothing viable to say (but hey, what are blogs for anyway?) but finally writing...
Originally the title of this issue was going to be "White White Wine," because I don't like red wine, and I was drinking white wine.  But now, as I've polished off half a bottle of white wine and an entire bottle of champagne and am now working on the remnants of whatever else I find in the refrigerator, that title seemed less appropriate.  I have a philosophy teacher who hates run-on sentences...good thing he probably won't read this.

My decision to blog may be a result of having spent an entire day alone, or that I've drank too much wine (among other things) or a combination of all that and various other things, but I am determined to complete one blog tonight.  A night that I insist has been a most enjoyable one.  I may be drinking a year-old Smirnoff Ice in my garage and listening to volumes of classic Disney songs by myself, but I maintain that it is better than the rest of the world, that just spent the last 5 hours standing in line waiting to pick up the newest Call of Duty...which I think is dumb.  Maybe Call of Duty is like...the most anticipated game of the year (every year) but I think it sucks, and here's why:  I am completely horrible at FPS...

Okay...maybe that's not the most objective argument...but it's my prerogative to have this opinion, and this is my blog, so there...Enjoy your new, ridiculously over-anticipated video game, you gamer wannabes.  I am, and shall remain as such, staunchly unimpressed by your accumulation of headshots...call me when you beat Ocarina of Time in under 8 hours...in one sitting...without the guidebook (or walkthroughs on gamefaqs.com or similar sites, you literal type).

But seriously...have fun.  I'm happy as a clam listening to my Disney tunes, not thinking about what a terrible mood 7am is going to put me in, and at the moment, I am embracing my inner child...and my inner hopeless romantic that so often goes unacknowledged....but I am...oh so...so so hopelessly romantic....

So Mulan...What do you think?  Shang was in love with Ping until he realized he was a she?  Debatable...so Debate.

But seriously (again)...I do have to work early, so I leave you with my first blog.  And since it is my first blog and probably won't have too many readers, I don't feel terrible about laving you without much substance.  But more to come...I promise.

Later Days

No comments:

Post a Comment